Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Meal Plan Wednesday

It seems like each week I sit here and say that things were moved this way and that and we have a meal or two to carry over for this week.  This week is no different.  That's okay!  It makes one less meal I need to plan for and it means that I am growing with the change in our schedules.  We are having dinner with friends tonight and I was thankful that I had th ingredients for a particular recipe on hand.  Ahh... the joys of stocking up sometimes.  Actually our menu reflects mostly things we have already in the house minus produce.  YES!  So, whatever I pick up at the stores this week will be for future use or it will be produce.  There are some fairly good deals on some produce and that should work in our favor this week.  YAY!  I remember days when I would never buy any produce.  Now I love to see my cart full of beautiful colors.  Love, love, love!

Anyway, here is what is on the menu this week:

Lentil Bake (a family favorite - I think I may even blend some of this up for Miss A to try this week)
Roasted Chicken with Veggies (this is the meal that always gets shuffled!)
Ham & Cheese Quesadillas with a few side salads (Probably for Sunday at our house)
Chicken Tacos (with leftover chicken or we will turn it to taco salad)
Baked Penne Gratin w/ Ham & Peas
Lentil Quiche
Fettuccine w/ Swiss Chard, Onions & Goat Cheese

Bon Appetite!

3 comments:

  1. I've never cooked with lentils...I have imagined that they taste gross and that is why I've never tried. ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMH - I was a little apprehensive at first, too. However, my friend raved about the Lentil Bake so I tried it. YUM! I kind of have three favorite lentil recipes - two without meat and one with. And with how cheap lentils are (about .98 a bag at Wal-Mart) you can't go wrong. However, I have a hard time paying $1.98 for them at a regular grocery store when I know I can get them a buck cheaper somewhere else! HA!

    They kind of remind me of a small bean. I like that you don't have to soak them either. No day before prep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you send me your recipes? Maybe I will try them out... :)

    ReplyDelete