Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Back to Cloth

Cloth diapers.  Generally, I love them.  Sometimes I just don't want to deal with them.

Miss A came up with a pretty bad rash and for the life of me I cannot figure out what caused it.  We will do a little experiment in the next few days to see if I can pin point it but for now is a mystery. Our usual routine for treating rash wasn't even making a dent and if anything it seemed to be getting worse.  Desperate, I pulled out my bamboo and hemp cloth diapers.  These tend to have some healing properties to them.  However, I didn't have any diaper creams that were cloth "friendly."

I quickly tracked some cream down at Baby Half Off in Mesa, AZ.  However, I wouldn't be able to get it until the next day when Husband could pick it up at lunch time. (Their storefront is only a couple of miles from where Husband works.)  In the meantime, I thought that air would be Miss A's best friend.  I lined the playpen with towels and just put her in a fitted diaper (shown above in a Kissaluv hemp fitted diaper) with no cover.  I also had her hanging out in cotton prefolds with no cover.  Between that and the cream she is clearing right up!

I will say that I am back to using cloth part-time.  Miss A is in a disposable when grandparents are around and when we go out, and at night.  It just depends on how I am feeling.  Miss L grew out of cloth pretty fast.  She's no where near the weight limit but she's tall and the rise in the diaper wasn't enough.  Oh well.

Oh!  The cream we purchased was Grandma El's and would be worth it even if I had to pay full price.  It is great for cloth or disposable users.  It can also be used for eczema and cradle cap (which we will be dealing with later this week!) and it smells DELISH.  I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment