Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Menu Plan Wednesday

I have so many things to post that I have to keep reminders.  Recipes, etc.  But life keeps moving on here.  Maybe after night time clean up I will get a little caught up here.

I realized that I put the day that I "plan" to make said meal when I post them here.  I do that more for myself in case there is something going on that day, etc.  There may be an actual reason that it is on a particular day.  However, more often than not I switch my meals around.  Case in point, tonight.  I was going to make one meal and I realized that the marinade prep had not been done so we went to plan B which is working just fine.

Here's my plan for this week:

Onion Chicken in Balsamic Sauce with steamed veggies or a salad. (Or both)
Tacos (Chicken or Beef) -- Probably Saturday because it's fast and we are going to the zoo!
Spinach, Chicken (or Turkey), Feta Quiche - Crockpot meal
Baked Chicken w/ Green Chile Sauce (has tomatoes, beans) over quinoa topped with avocado. Salad.
Pork Fajitas (Peppers, Onions, Mushrooms)
Roasted Chicken with Veggies

I would normally have seven meals but we are celebrating a baptism on Sunday and will be with friends there.  So, lunch and dinner are a little up in the air - dinner will most likely be leftovers or something easy-peasy.

3 comments:

  1. So what kind of chicken do you buy and where? I'd love your onion chicken recipe, sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nothing special. I haven't made the jump to anything free range. Maybe some day we will try it.

    I generally find it on sale -
    The average price around here is $1.78 (I won't pay more than that generally). That's for boneless, skinless breast. This is the "everyday" price at Wal-Mart.

    I get it sometimes from Basha's (a local store here) for $1.68. There's a store here in the valley that is selling it for $1.48/lb this week but it seem iffy to me. It's a little further than what I want to go. However, if I find that I have some stretch at the end of the week as far as a budget goes I will go see what it looks like.

    Whole Fryer's range anywhere from .48 to .88/lb. I will be getting some tomorrow for .68/lb. We use this for meals, lunch, or whatever.

    I bought leg quarters the other day for some cheap price (I can't remember and I don't want to get up and look in the freezer) and that is what I will use for that Onion Chicken.

    In short I generally get them from our local grocery stores. If I am desperate I will get some from Wally World -- just not my first choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, we eat a lot less chicken now that we're buying the organic kind b/c it's expensive. I like to buy the whole ones b/c they go pretty far and I can make broth, too. I need some more vegetarian recipes overall, but not salads b/c #2 has a hard time with lettuce. Send me that onion recipe please!

    ReplyDelete