Monday, August 29, 2011

Whew...What a Weekend!

I knew well in advance that this weekend was going to be packed full of fun, work, and celebration which in turn would probably wipe us all out... in a good way.  It worth it all.  I learned a few things which is always good but it didn't take away from all that was going on around us.

Friday, Husband and I celebrated five years of marriage!  Amazing.  He is my best friend and there is no one else that I would rather be doing life with.  Yeah, I am not even sure that words can adequately express all that he means to me.  I was a little concerned in the morning that I wouldn't be up for our evening out as I had a severe headache that was causing a disturbance in my sight as well.  Miss L understand when I say, "Momma is sick."  I think Miss A clued in that something was wrong and was pretty content on her own most of the morning.  Miss L kissed my head, gave me her dog and elephant to cuddle with, and put a blanket on me to make me feel better.  Sweet girls.  I was doing better by lunch time and was good to go by late afternoon.  I was doing all I could to make sure we made it to our reservations at The Melting Pot.  It was a delightful time in our private booth partaking in the goodness that is fondue.  It turned into a long night with Miss L awake when we got home -- she had to go potty -- and then having a hard time going back to sleep.  Such is life.

Saturday, Miss A turned one!  I spent the day getting a small cake ready for her to tear through and cupcakes for everyone else.  I spent a lot of time in the morning baking, prepping frosting, and decorating.  My pregnant feet and back were shouting at me from time to time so I tried to sit at a table to decorate, etc.  I should have done this earlier in the week but I was unsure as to where to store things and for how long.  It worked out fine in the end.  It just made for a tired mama.  Grandparents arrived not too long after the girls woke up from their afternoon naps.  We opted to do gifts at this point.  She was SO funny.  She was kind of liking the paper but once we got the first toy out (an elephant shape sorter) she just wanted to play with it!  She was so intrigued!  However, Miss L was more than happy to help with the presents and show Miss A how everything worked.  We had dinner (chicken nuggets with mac & cheese) and then brought out the cake as we were nearing bed time.  It was such a fun time watching Miss A dig into the cake!  I'm pretty sure she would have been fine to play in it all night.  After a good 10 to 15 minutes of playing in and eating (some) cake we put her in the shower which she also thought was great fun.  We are still finding cake bits in her high chair and Husband found some cake I missed in the shower.  So funny.  The day ended by both girls zonking out from all the stimulation and laughing.  It was also a fun day watching Miss L learn more about birthdays and sharing the limelight with her sister.  She's ready for her birthday!

Sunday.  Miss L loves Sunday.  She knows that is when we go to church and she loves going to church.  I love how excited she gets.  This Sunday was a big day in the life of our household as we were joining as members after being "church-home-less" for a little over a year.  What a sweet day, indeed.  Of course, as Murphy's Law goes Miss L and Miss A had some small issues here and there during the service.  Laughable that it's Monday!  But really, nothing too big.  Littles being littles.  We are so thankful to be a part of a congregation again that values children in all stages being in the worship service.  A sweet moment during communion was when Miss L looked up and said (without being prompted), "Jesus died me" -- Jesus died for me.  Yes, I cried.  After church the congregation was having a monthly gathering at a deacon's home.  As we were leaving for the party Miss L says, "Church fun, Daddy."  Sweet girl.  We weren't sure how long we would stay at the party with the girls being so close to nap time and all.  We just went into the whole thing understanding they may be cranky and we may need to leave early.  The girls did great.  Miss L swam with Daddy and I hung out inside with Miss A -- and about 50+ other people!  We left around 2:30.  Both girls fell asleep on the way home... Miss A well before Miss L.  We got them both in the house and settled in for naps.  Husband and I snoozed for a bit as well... you know, until about 5:00!  We had a nice quite evening and the girls, for the most part, were ready to go back to bed around seven.

It's a pretty down day around here today.  Some laundry, dishes, food prep for the week, etc.  We probably won't get out of pajamas until later.  I'll post pictures of Miss A's cake in another post.

Blessings to you all!


  1. Thanks for sharing all your joys (and headaches) with us. "Jesus died me" makes me cry, too. Precious!

  2. Congratulations on all of it!! We're happy for you guys. May the Lord grant you peace and may he continually grow you into the image of Christ. And yes, "Jesus died me." :-) Awesome!!!