Friday, August 26, 2011

Freezer Meals: Keeping Inventory

Obviously you have seen that I have quite a few things planned to go in my freezer over the next few months.  How in the world will I remember what is in there with a newborn and two other littles in want of my attention -- which I am sure will take up all the remaining sleep deprived brain cells.  (It's only for a short and precious season)  Also, we want to make sure we use things up in a timely manner and not find some lone meal  hanging out a year later.  No, no, no.

I am not sure where I came across this originally but I thought it would work for me beautifully!  Just write down the name of the item and the appropriate number of hash marks.  Then when you take on out you complete the "x" to note that one has been used.  I will slip this into a sheet protector and tape it to the top of my freezer.  Handy, handy!  You can download this Freezer Inventory free here.

I have read about people just using a dry erase marker to write on the top or on the door of their freezer with their inventory list.  However, my freezer is in my laundry room and naturally attracts things that are constantly placed upon it.  That would quickly be the end of my inventory list!  I already have my laundry list taped in a similar fashion to the top and that has been great.  What's one more list?

How do you manage the inventory of your freezer?

3 comments:

  1. That's great! We just inherited a chest freezer and I'm slowly adding inventory to it. This is perfect timing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The link to the list doesn't work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that the site is down right now. I will have to look into it a bit later. I tried getting into the root site and it was a no go.

    ReplyDelete