Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Toad Frog

Yes, I know that it's actually Frog and Toad by Arnold Lobel but this is what sweet Miss L calls it these days and it is by far her favorite book.  Well, let me clarify, she likes Frog and Toad in general but loves one particular story titled, Cookies.


OH. MY.

When she is getting ready to go take a nap or go to bed she always asks for "Toad Frog."  Then if you ask her which story she wants to read (it's better to just pick one really) she always says, "Cookie."

What's funny about the whole thing is that she knows where certain words belong in the story.  If I pause to let her fill in the blank, she does.  But seriously, what 2 1/2 year old knows the phrase "will power?"  She's all over it and thankfully the story does an okay job in explaining what it means.  It's pretty funny to hear her say the phrase and then be seriously disappointed when they give all the cookies to the birds -- you know, in order to have LOTS of will power of course.  It's one of those slap your hand on the head type deals and she looks like, "They did what?!?!"  So, funny.  However, all seems to be redeemed when Toad decides to make a cake.  I guess in her world cake trumps cookies.  Let me assure you though, she won't turn down a cookie.  Although, recently she just likes saying the word "pie" so I am guessing she just like dessert.  ha!

I'm doomed.  I hate pie (unless it's chocolate, pumpkin, or a small slice of pecan) and it seems as though my family loves it.  Husband keeps egging me on to make one and now he's turning the young ones on me.

Doomed, I tell ya, doomed!

No comments:

Post a Comment