Wednesday, July 2, 2008

NOW and LATER



I was recently at my last appointment with my acupuncture doctor.  She has always had a bowl of candy at the check out desk.  For the most part I can resist the temptation of the goodness inside - except that one time that there was dark chocolate in the bowl... and this time.

I happened to look down and an excited grin came across my face when I saw the familiar "NOW and LATER" wrapper.  It's not that it's the BEST candy by any means but it is wrapped in childhood sentiment.  I was instantly transported to my neighbors front yard where we would play along with her younger brother and sister.  And it was at their house that I think I remember having my first taste of this delightful little "product of Mexico."  Good times, remembered.  Jumping on a trampoline, making a house out of big boxes, swimming in a kiddie pool, riding horses (good ol' Buttercup!), and so much more.

It reminds me of a Starburst at some level yet it is quite unique in and of its own.  So, if you get a chance you should try them.  And if I get a chance I really should buy some more... the THREE I took from the doctor's office just wasn't enough.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm...I always thought it was a Now or Later. Sheesh...my whole life calling it the wrong name...guess I will just add it to the list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that I used to do that, too! But I had to take a better look at the label. Even today I figured out why they call it "NOW and LATER" -- always something random and useless to learn. ha ha!!

    ReplyDelete