Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I'm a Fan

As I near the end of my first trimester - only a week and a half to go - I find that I am already getting a little too big for my britches.  Sigh.  It's a funny thing because before we found out that I was pregnant I lost about 25 pounds and my clothes were fitting great.  Now that I have gained about six of those pounds back I am barely able to wear the pants that I was wearing when I was 25 pounds heavier!  It's all about distribution, baby.

What to do, what to do?  I was definitely not ready for maternity pants but I was SO very uncomfortable in my forced buttoned pants.  Oh the misery. I have heard about the rubber band trick and a few other things. But I wasn't satisfied. However, one day I made a trip that would forever change how I was feeling in my clothes!  I had been in a little maternity boutique getting some other item and perusing the goods for upcoming months when the sales woman showed me the Bella Band.  On that particular trip I was feeling pretty good in my clothes but I was right back there two days later making my purchase!  I even wore it out of the store!

It's just amazing, I tell you what.  It looks just like a layered t-shirt under your normal shirt and it keeps your pants up even though they may be unbuttoned and you have the option to wear those too big maternity pants if you so desire.  It's worth the about $20 investment if it means you get more wear out of any of your clothes -- it's much better than having to buy new ones that you may only wear for a short time.  It's so very comfy... I can't even begin to tell you!!

So, my little "pooch" is happy and I am happy because I can still wear all my clothes and feel comfortable during what can be an awkward and uncomfortable transition.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, Abbie discovered these two and wore them throughout her entire pregnancy. One black one, and one white one. I don't think she ever bought a maternity pair of pants!

    ReplyDelete