You can read her original post here.
I will highlight her post below:
- Create Zones (Closet, dresser/chests, toy shelf, bookshelf, under bed)
- Each weekday has an assigned zone to work on.
- Daily (besides each zone) they are responsible for making beds, clothes in proper places, and tidy floor.
- Take a picture of a good standard of how things should look for point of reference.
- They can have their prized possessions or some other fun thing on their dresser or desk but it cannot be in a pile and should be there neatly.
- Giving them their own (age appropriate) tools - peeler, duster, rag, shelf in laundry area, bowl, etc. Those are their tools too help you in whatever task.
- Involving them - Miss L loves to help with putting clothes in the washing machine. She is also all about being right by my side while doing dishes -- even if it is only for the bubble and water entertainment value.