Wednesday, March 30, 2011

What's for Dinner, Mama?

I used to plan our meals on Monday.  However, I plan our meals around the sales these days and what we have on hand.  No longer the strategy of, "Hummmm... what do I want to eat this week?"  It can become too costly that way for sure.

I don't generally think too much about breakfast and lunch.  Breakfast we basically have scrambled eggs every morning and Miss L gets usually a half avocado and some fruit with her egg.  Lunches are generally leftovers or some other creative feat.  This will probably change in the near future.

For my own interest I will try to post what we are doing for dinner each night here on Wednesday afternoon after I have gathered my sales and coupons.  It's nothing amazing but maybe you will get some ideas.

Or better yet... maybe you have ideas to share!

Friday - Pizza @ Friend's House

Saturday - Grilled Chicken with Grilled Asparagus (Dessert with Friends - Brownies!)

Sunday - Lunch at Mom & Dad C's home after church (leftovers from the week for a light dinner)

Monday - Roasted Chicken, Potatoes, Broccoli

Tuesday - Pork Loin, Asparagus, Salad

Wednesday - Breakfast for Dinner (Eggs, Bacon, Coffeecake or Pancakes)

Thursday - Green Chile Chicken or Chipotle Chicken

Alternate -  Corned Beef & Cabbage

I like to have an alternate meal in mind just in case something goes wrong or we need to move things around.

1 comment:

  1. You had me at, "Pizza with friends" - one of my favorites! :) Your dinners sound delish!

    ReplyDelete