Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Oh, yes... and Flag Etiquette

I finally remembered what the other thing that occurred to me while I was watching the events of today unfold on TV.

Flag Etiquette.

As a variety of dignitaries were being seated (I think at this particular time it was members of the Senate) a particular man came our wearing the American flag.  This is where I throw the foul flag!  The American flag is not to be donned as a piece of clothing.

You can check out more here at Flag Code

Yes, it's one of my many peeves coming from a military family.  It also helped that my Civics teacher in high school went over this in great detail.

2 comments:

  1. Hear Hear! Good for you. Too few people know flag etiquette: did you see the flags that people were hocking with text and Obama's face on them? Don't silence the flag etiquette voice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree! This is one of my pet peeves too. I especially hate when people leave up flags that are obviously too torn and/or when they leave a flag out at night not lit.

    ReplyDelete