1. I am a saucy girl. You know, I like some sort of sauce with just about every food
2. I came in second place at the school geography bee when I was in middle school thanks largely in part to “Where in the World is Carmen San Diego.”
3. I once had pet mice for a school science project that actually made it to the regional science fair.
4. I have a knack for keeping fish alive for a very long time. There was one exception and I feel horrible for traveling so much with him. (Yes, for a time my fish were well traveled)
5. I got frost nip (a step before frost bite) on my hands my senior year in college. I still feel the effects from that and I am not sure that it will ever go away. Oh well.
6. Never did I miss a varsity football game (home or away) in high school – insane, right?
7. With that, I was the only four-year letterman in football my senior year. So, yeah, it was a little awkward when the coaches presented me with the biggest trophy on the table at the award ceremony. :/ ha! (I lettered a total of 16 times in high school, including my academic letter)
8. My college degree officially was: Bachelor of Science in Physical Education with an emphasis in Athletic Training. Basically involving the watching of a LOT of sporting events and practices. I loved it. Oddly enough, I rarely get to watch any sort of sporting event anymore. Somehow I am still able to keep up on most team that I am interested in – college, not so much into pro-anything.
9. Some of the most interesting stories about college come from being a Resident Assistant in the dorms. Oh my!
10. The best part of living on the third floor of dorms is messing with drunks outside by pointing a flashlight around their feet. They never think to look up. It’s great entertainment when stuck in small town Nebraska for the weekend. Yes, I really did this.
11. I always thought that I would be the mother of all boys. I think God has something else for me to learn and I love it.
12. I almost drowned in a pool when I was taking lessons with my daycare center. I slipped off the steps and no adult noticed. My friend Jimmy, who also couldn’t swim, reached as far as he could and pulled me back to the stairs. That’s when the adults finally noticed what happened. I got back in the water that day and I still LOVE to swim. Although, the ocean sometimes freaks me out if I get too far out.
13. Once my friends timed me on how long I would laugh. I forgot what I originally was laughing at and kept laughing at the fact they were timing me. This went on for 15 minutes. For real.
14. At the ripe ol’ age of 31, I have had surgery on both of my knees and will probably need more. Awesome, I know.
15. I love to scare people (I double over laughing) and I think it’s really funny after the initial shock when others scare me – as long as it doesn’t play off of fears that people have. I just like jumping around corners and such. My favorite “scare” came from Samuel Withem (he was maybe 5?) a while back… we both laughed really hard. These are also my favorite videos on America’s Funniest Home Videos.
16. Monet is my favorite artist.
17. Ansel Adams is my favorite photographer. I know, so cookie cutter, right. But I am generally drawn to black & white. But, I would rather flip through a photography book rather than paintings…but I can totally appreciate paintings as well. I’m not a total cultural ignoramus.
18. My first opera was when I was a freshman in college and it was Carmen. Do you ever forget your first?
19. One of my favorite books is “The Education of Little Tree” – for a variety of reasons, including sentimental.
20. I don’t like cooked fruit which in turn means I don’t like most pies, cobblers, or crisps… it’s would be easier to tell you what pies I do like – chocolate and pumpkin (I know, strange) There was once recently a fruit crisp I did like, the first one ever, but I didn’t want seconds. If this makes me un-American for not liking apple pie, then so be it.
21. One of my favorite things to do is to get my wedding ring cleaned – shiny things make me happy.
22. During the last part of my pregnancies coffee tastes horrible! Yes, even my beloved iced coffee. But as soon as those babies are delivered I think my body realizes it needs the caffeine and we are back in business and things taste “normal” again.
23. I’ve never met a potato that I didn’t like. Well, except that one time at Wendy’s. Fries are my favorite. You will know you rank pretty high if I share mine with you. My friends show me love by giving me what’s left of their fries… even when I am full. Ha! “Hi, my name is JMC and I have a potato addiction.”
24. My Husband is the best thing about me.
25. I am really fine with not using my college degree. I learned a lot of life lessons during my time in college and there are certainly parts of my degree that I can use in everyday life. Seriously, though, I wouldn’t trade my life right now for anything. I am blessed beyond measure.
(Originally poted on my FB page)