Wednesday, February 6, 2008

My Favorite Times of Day

It's a rare day that I see the sun rise. But I do enjoy it ever so much when I do get to see it come up over the mountains. It reminds me with each new day that the Lord's mercies are new each day and what a comfort that is to me. This morning I had already been to Chandler and half-way back by the time the sun peaked over the mountains. It was amazing the blazing red, yellow, gold, orange blended together to make a color that could never be replicated. The air was quite chill so as to make steam come off many of the buildings that have been erected on the desert floor. It was an amazing sight to behold and gone in an instant as the rotation of the earth kept us moving in our day. I was blessed this morning to see this extrodinary work of art by our Creator in His Creation as He reminded me again that His mercies are, indeed, new everyday.

I will have to admit that the sun rising (when I am actually awake for it) and the sun setting are two of my favorite times of the day. Because of this I am also very thankful for living in the southwest. While I have seen my fair share of sunrises and sunsets all over the world, the most dramatic have always been here in the southwest. However, in the last year or so I have another time in the day that rivals that of the sunrise and the sunset and that is when Matt comes home from work. He, too, reminds me of God's goodness to me. Forgiveness is always within reach. Love knows no depths and that God's mercies are new every day. These are my favorite times of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment