Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Variety is the Spice of Life


It's a funny thing that saying. There would be times in life when I would find a particular meal so satisfying that I would quip, "I could eat this every day for the rest of my life." Indeed I may eat that meal the very next day or even the next. Inevitably the meal would change. I recently learned that "I could eat this every day" may never pass over these lips again.

For some odd reason there have been foods of late that we are eating more frequently that for now I seem to have an aversion toward. Things like string cheese or a particular dressing or two on a salad. I was munching on some cheese and it seemed like quite the chore. My yummy salad didn't seem quite so yummy anymore with a dressing that I was limited to for a week and a half.

What's the deal, you ask? No, there's no big announcement to be made other than Husband and I decided to try and turn our eating habits around a bit to benefit our health a bit more. We are using the "South Beach" method and the first couple of weeks are the most strict. It's been good and we both have lost 9.5 pounds in the last two weeks which is amazing. We are eating and feeling better. Husband has much better control of things than I do. I am ready to bail on Phase 1 and move on to Phase 2 which will happen on Friday. The foods have been yummy but I need some more variety before I go crazy. Although, my need for something new helped me search the store for some new and creative ways to make things different... like Crystal Light in my water... South Beach approved!

Let the adventure continue... with a bit more spice!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, 10 pounds in 2 weeks! That's wonderful! Keep it up guys, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete