Wednesday, April 15, 2009

And What to Drink?

march-2009-005

Not too terribly long ago I buzzed through a local drive-thru place to grab some lunch as my Little Flower had fallen asleep after an appointment and I had precious minutes in the car to eat in silence as I made the 20-minute trip home.  

I placed my order of a sandwich and my beloved fries.  Ahh.  Then when asked what I wanted to drink I replied, "Diet Coke, please."  They repeated it back to me but I should have known then that something would go awry when the confirmation screen simply said, "Coke."

I pulled away, grabbed a couple of hot fries, and reached for a swig of beverage.  At first I thought they did give me my requested drink but one more swallow would confirm they had not.  I wasn't sure I would be able to get the stuff down at first.  However, I made it go down a few more times.  It was then that I realized a couple of things.  First, I was pretty positive that the mix in the fountain must be a bit off.  Second, I have been ruined by "diet" forever, it seems.  I used to be able to drink regular Coke with no problem and could interchange at will but still a strong draw to the "diet."  On this particular day it was confirmed that I am a Diet Coke girl and there is no going back.  As you can see in the photo the Diet Coke is basically gone.  We keep the Coke around for whoever wants it.  Usually for my father-in-law or my Papa if he opts for it.

Guess it all works out for the good as Husband is also a Diet Coke drinker...  Actually, he's the one that did this to me.  :)  Well, I was drinking Diet Pepsi when we met and he brought me to the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment